Clinics & Services
The practice offers a range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Well Person Checks
- Minor Surgery
- Contraception & Cervical Smears
- Long-term Condition Management
- Podiatry - the podiatrist provides a clinic from the Lawson Memorial Hospital. This is by prior appointment. Not everyone is eligible for NHS podiatry. Please ask for a referral form.
- Community Psychiatric Nurses - the CPNs provide help, support and advice for a wide range of mental health problems. They can see you at home or in the surgery. Please ask your doctor about this service.
- Smoking Cessation - there is a smoking cessation advisor who can help and support you to stop smoking.
- Community Nurses - the nurses are based at the Lawson Memorial Hospital and provide a range of nursing services in the patient's home. Phone 01408 664018
- Health Visitor - the health visitor can give advice on all aspects of healthcare for small children. Phone 01408 635360
- Midwives - the midwives will care for women during pregnancy and after delivery. Midwifery cover for our area is currently provided by Tain Community Midwives Tel: 01862 890077
- First Contact Physiotherapist - This is a specialist service to see a Physiotherapist who can assess, diagnose and treat patients with musculoskeletal conditions of the spine, arms, hands and legs. Examples of conditions they treat include: osteoarthritis, neck and shoulder pain, low back and hip pain, sciatica, wrist and hand pain, knee and ankle pain, ligament and muscle injuries, tendon issues. This is a direct access, self referral service. Patients can book a face to face appointment with the physiotherapist via the reception team and do not need to speak to a Doctor/Nurse to access this service. The first contact physiotherapist works at the surgery one afternoon a week.